Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunburst butterflies

Good Tuesday morning to you all. We're having a heatwave-it's 46 F outside-wonder if the sap is flowing. Soon, I hope.
My card today is for the Just Add Ink Challenge , to add a sunburst. Now, my friends have all been making these cards, and they made it look so easy. ME? Not so easy. I don't know if I over-think things, or what. It took me forever to figure this out. But then, geometry was never my strong point. After many false starts I finally won out. I think.



I am trying to use up these K& Co. butterflies. They are so pretty, and these don't have any glitter on them, so my card will be going to Operation Write home-thus the sentiment. The design papers are from Close to My Heart-Dotty for Yiu, and MME-Reunion. The card base is Stampin' Up cardstock. I used the EK Success arch punch to make the border. I stamped the sentiment (My Favorite Things 'More Essential Sentiments") with versa Mark ink and heat embossed with brown embossing powder. I added some gold peel off line stickers, and some gold metal dots from Imaginisce with the heat tool.

6 comments:

  1. You've done a wonderful job with your sunrays Jackie! I don't think there can ever be any wrong with card-making! Your butterflies are really sweet! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a great job for your first go Jackie. I really like how you alternated the paper patterns and added those lovely butterflies to fly above. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold zig-zag stickers are a nice touch in between each paper panel, Jackie. This is a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shapes and colours and very pretty butterflies. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this patchwork sunburst!
    So nice to see this entry at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card and I think you don't need to worry about geometry on sunrays. Love your butterflies. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete