Monday, August 24, 2015

Geisha Girl

Well, it's been awhile again since I posted. Busy summer, that's all I can say!

My card today is for the One Layer Simplicity challenge 19-Strip Down-mask a strip down the front of your card and stamp away! Will also enter in the following challenges: Crafty Cardmakers #146-no patterened papers; Get creative challenge #22-no printed papers; Marker Pop challenge #76-Anything goes using markers




I really need to look into a new camera. The one I have just does not do this justice. But it is what it is, right?

I first stamped the geisha girl in momento black, then stamped again on post-it masking tape and cut it out. I placed it over the stamped image on card base and then masked the strip down the front and added Pebbles chalks to form a soft background. I removed the masks and colored the image with Copic markers.  



I added some clear Wink of Stella marker to the flowers on the umbrella and kimono, but my camera doesn't capture it well.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image beautiful colours, thank you for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card... I love it.. beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have done the masking behind the image. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous background you have made here, so soft and ethereal and perfect for the gorgeous geisha girl image.

    Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation in my 'no patterned paper' challenge

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jackie.
    Thanks for entering our no patterned papers challenge at CCM&More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. I love the background you've created and the texture you've added to her kimono. Thanks for joining in our Get Creative Challenge 22 - No Patterned Paper Challenge and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete