Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nesting Season!

Nesting Season? Really? Well, almost. If any birds were even thinking about it, I'm sure they changed their minds today! It's snowing again. I know, I know-it covers up all the dirty snow and makes everything white and pretty. But at this point I'd much rather see the dirty snow! Oh, spring, where art thou!

So, even though the birds aren't nesting yet, it is getting to that time of year-the male goldfinches are starting to loose their drab winter colors for bright yellow, and there were probably a hundred in our backyard today. So I thought a bright card with this little nest full of eggs was a look in the right direction.




The challenge over at Creative Knockouts this week (#29) is 'Border Time', to use a border or borders of some kind on your creation. This nice little punch border MS doily border) was a leftover from another project, but just perfect for this card. I cut a couple branches from white cardstock with the Impression Obsession Leafy branch and colored them with Copic Markers E57 & YG67. I added a bit of texture to the leaves with SU Wild Wasabi marker. The card base is SU Not Quite Navy, and I added a piece of DCWV Linen Closet, and the stripe piece is a scrap of American Crafts paper. I used the SU bird punch and some SU 'Just Add Cake' DP. I ran the Wild Wasabi marker around the bird and it's wing. The nest sticker is from  K & Co. Added the sentiment from Sweet-N-Sassy Stamps stamped with Not Quite Navy on a scrap of white cardstock and punched out with SU small oval punch, mounted on Not Quite Navy scalloped punch out. Some My Minds Eye rhinestones and gold border/line sticker to complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment