Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Going Dotty?

Well, welcome back to gloomy and cold-I sure wish winter would go away. I am so ready for spring and flowers and no jackets or boots or gloves. After our teaser yesterday it's really hard to go back to grey skies and below freezing. Spring will come when spring will come, I suppose.

Today's card uses the sketch from Seize the sketch #15.


I used some more of the CTMH 'Dotty for You' and MME 'Reunion' pattern paper. I stamped the sentiment and frame (The Crafts Meow-Timeless Tags) on a scrap of the MME paper with SU Calypso Coral ink and cut it out with the Spellbinders Tags die.The butterfly image is an acetate diecut from K & Co. I cut the base mats from SU cardstock. I punched the flowers from the MME paper with EK Success 5 petal flower punch. I formed the flowers using a foam mat and ball tip stylus.  I sponged the edges of the flower layers with some SU Lucky Limeade ink. I colored a couple brads with a Copic marker and attached them to the tag and the middle of the flower. I also used a gold peel-off line sticker between the 2 background papers for a bit more shine. I also distressed the edges of the polka dot papers a bit. Top layers all popped up with dimensional foam dots.
I've had all these K & Co acetate shapes for quite sometime. I am glad to finally figure out ways to use them up, so you'll probably see more of them in the days ahead:)





No comments:

Post a Comment