Summer has finally arived in the UP, at least for a couple of days. We've had so much rain that everything is green and lush, including the weeds! Some really pretty wild flowers around right now, too (if I call them wildflowers I don't have to weed them out, right? )
I have a couple cards today that I made for some challanges.
The first is for Stamp TV Free for all Friday- the challange this week is to CASE the design team. This week the designer picked to CASE is AJ. Here is the link to the card I CASEd http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/img5209-1
I followed the basic design she used, but changed the image and paper colors. in place of the pearls I added the butterflies, and added gold pearls to their centers. I also added some 'bling' in the form of stickles on the roses, the sparkly pink ribbon and the little gold corner sticker. I really like this layout and will surely use it again often. Thanks, AJ, for the design!
The second card I have for today I made for the Stamping 411 challange, and I just realized I can't enter it because it's not all Stampin Up products. Darn! Anyway I like how the card turned out, and will use it for my friends birthday, so all is not lost. I will have to try again for the S411 challange:)
Can't believe it has been a month since I last posted something on here. It has been a busy month, finishing up our home improvment project, then getting in a bit of gardening before we left town for 10 days. We have been home for 5 days, and it has taken me that long to take care of everything from the trip and get our home back to somewhat normal.
The trip included visits to several craft and scrapbook stores :D, where I of course went overboard. But hey, we only have Michaels (35 miles away) and a minsicule JoAnns (nearly 60 miles), so I had to take advantage of being right in the neighborhood of some really big Mikes and Jo's, right? I had lots of fun putting that stuff away and drooling over my finds!
I have not had much time to work on my crafts in that time, but I did get this card made for a bridal shower that I attended today.
For the focal image I used the new DP by LilyBee that I got at Archivers. It's a 6x6 pad with nice little prints that work well for cards. The piece already had the flowers and script on it. The lower floral piece is from K&Co. I CBd the yellow with SU's Elegant Lines folder. The focal is cut out with Spellbinders rectangles, matted on purple cut with Spellbinders scallop rectangles. I made the flowers with Marvy punches and the LB papers, and the leaves were Martha Stewart Rose leaf punch, which I added lines to with a stylus. I added small purple rhinestones and a purple ribbon bow from my stash. The sentiment is a HOTP stamp, and I cut it out with CB tag die. I chalked around the edges of the tag and the focal with Pebbles chalks. The bride loved the card.