Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hoot hoot hurray

Back to rain and cold. We seem to be getting summer in little bursts that don't last long. But no severe weather, so I am grateful for that. My heart goes out to those in lower Michigan and elsewhere where they have been getting hit by such severe weather.

Today I have a card that was made with 'scraps' laying on my work table.


The 2 design papers are from the DCWV mat-stack Naturals. It's really hard to see that the designs on the papers are copper metallic. The scraps were from a card I made last week. The owl die-cut (Sizzix die) has been floating around my table since last fall, and he finally found a home :) I highlighted the lines of his wings and neck, and filled in the beak with a Memento brown marker and the center of his eye with a memento black marker. The brown paper he is cut from looks like corduroy-giving him texture. I rubbed some brown chalk on the branch he is standing on. The sentiment is from JustRite stamps 'Owl Be There' stamp set, stamped on SU Very Vanilla cardstock with Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I punch the sentiment out with SU Decorative label punch, then punched it out of brown paper and cut it in quarters and mounted behind the panel...It's all mounted on a base of dark brown cardstock.  Inside I stamped "It's your birthday'.

Will enter this in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday #379- Stars and/or stripes, the striped paper
Shopping Our Stash #207 - For the Boys
Seize the Birthday - Nothing but Neutrals

5 comments:

  1. How very very cute is this Jackie! And yay for using those scraps!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute little owl....love the neutrals. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for using up stash from your desk! And you've done it perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I thought I commented on this already. Maybe it wasn't approved yet?

    I do see the metallic in the papers, and the textured card stock really adds to the owl! Congratulations on using so much stuff from your desk! Thanks for joining us at Sopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hint of metallic on the papers looks great - sets the owl off nicely. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete