Thursday, April 19, 2012

You're only a Kid Once

Wow, another birthday in my craft group. I'm having fun making these "old" cards:) This one today I will enter at Card Patterns for sketch #161.

The sketch:  Current Sketch


My card:
The DP is My Mind's Eye Street Market-love this double sided cardstock! I recently bought somemore of it on clearance at Michaels-I wouldn't want to run out! I stamped the image (from Inkadinkadoo mini stamp set) with Memento Rich Cocoa on Gina K white cardstock (such nice cardstock!). I added the birds from Close to My Heart "summer Breeze" stamped with Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored with Copic markers, adding in the sky and watter. I cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Circle dies and matted it, first with some green cardstock, then on a back mat cut with Spellbinders Renaissance hearts. Added some gold corner stickers and a gold sticker border.
For the inside of the card I did the rest of the saying on the computer as the stamped words were waaaaayyy to small-they got lost on the background! I cut the saying out with Spellbinders Big Scalloped Squares and added some of the DP behind it to match the front of the card.


 

Hope you like! Comments always welcome.

Supplies list:
Copics BG72, B000, B93, B45, YG63, V15, RV11, RV95, E00, E33, E42, E51, E84
Stamps: Close to My Heart 'Summer Breeze', Inkadinkadoo-"You're Only a Kid Once"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black
Paper: My Minds Eye Street Market, Gina K white cardstock, Recollections White Cardstock (card base and inside) Scraps from my scrap box.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card!!! Just love how you even finished the inside. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete