Friday, April 27, 2012

lovely mushrooms!

Quick post here tonight. I got this awesome paper pad at Michael's last week. It's a Recollections 12 x 12- Habitat. The colors and textures in the paper are soooo pretty. Greens, tans, purples and browns, Flowers, ferns, mushrooms, dragonflies and butterflies. So here is my first card using the papers.



I used the sketch from Card Patterns #162, and just let the Patterned paper do the honors. I love the mushrooms and fern-fiddleheads on this paper-they are already "heat embossed" on the pad. I cut the piece to highlight the butterfly in the background. I mounted the piece on some SU Old Olive cardstock, then on Bazzil purple cardstock. I stamped a border on the purple with a border stamp set I have had since I first started stamping-I no longer have the package, so don't know what it is. I cut out one of the mushrooms from another sheet of the paper and mounted it with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on cream cardstock with ColorBox ColorQue-a green but I don't have the color name (first set I bought-didn't realize there were color labels in the package until  I bought another stack sometime later and discovered the labels. Someday I will have to investigate and see if I can figure out the colors). I used clear embossing powder and heat embossed the sentiment. I cut the mat for the sentiment from the S.U.O.O. cardstock with the smallest die in the Spellbinders Fleur dis Lis rectangles die set and attached it to the card with foam dots. The ribbon is a piece I salvaged from a gift I received for my birthday! I added 2 dragonfly brads and a Basic Grey green rhinestone to the little flower.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment