Monday, April 18, 2011

What happened to Spring?

Mother nature played a cruel trick on us this weekend. Our snow was completly gone, I had even been able to clean out a couple of my flower gardens. Well, Saturday morning we woke up to sleet and freezing rain, nasty, sloppy stuff on the roads, ice on the trees. AND I HAD A STAMPIN' UP WORKSHOP SCHEDULED! Debated whether I should cancell, talked to my demonstrator; we decided to wait until noon to decide. By then it had warmed up enough that we decided to go ahead-even though I didn't think I'd have much of a turnout. I actually had 11 people show up. Goes to show that winter weather is a piece of cake for us Yoopers (We call people who live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula 'Yoopers'), just a normal spring day up here. I had a great  party, and am getting all kinds of free stuff. Yahoo! Can't wait. It snowed a bit off and on all Saturday, then Saturday evening really cranked up. Sunday we had about 3" of new snow, high winds, but not extremely cold. So I played with paper most of Sunday afternoon. Made a couple cards, did a bit of straightening up in my craft room, and poured over my SU catalogs to see what I will order for my specials. Hm, still undecided.
Please keep all those who live in the tornado ravaged part of the country in your prayers, as well as those who have lost loved ones because of these storms.

Here are a few cards I managed to make over the weekend. One is an Easter card and the other 3 are Confirmation cards. Hope you enjoy them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment