Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sweet violets just for you

Good morning. Thursday is my favorite day of the Week! Why? Because our craft group meets every Thursday night and it is alway fun to see what everyone has made during the week. Tonight is birthday night for 2 of our group. I will post the cards I made for them, too.
But this card is for the Flourishes Timely Tuesday challange, if I can figure out how to link it up!
I absolutely love this image Flourishes Spring Violets set. This is stamped with Memento Tuxedo black and colored with the colored pencil magic using Primsa colored pencils. I added Stickles to the leaves and flowers.
The design paper is K & company, the cardstock is Bazil, I ran the middle layer through the cuttlebug with the SU square lattice folder. The butterfly is cut with the SU butterfly embosslet. I also added some gold corner stickers, as well as a gold sticker for the sentiment. The ribbon is some I had in my sewing stash, so I really don't know what it is.

Here are the cards I made for my friends birthday's.


 The paper and cardstock are SU. The poppy image is stamped on Bazzil Simply smooth white with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Prisma colored pencils. I added some stickles stardust to the petals and leaves. The image is cut with Spellbinders classic octagon and matted with pink cut with the scalloped SB octagon. Traced around the scalloped die and cut by hand to get the black layer. Sentiment stamp is from Verve, and I added some black corner stickers.
 I'm not sure what the cardstock and dp is in this card as it is one I started sometime ago and finished last for my friend, who loves dragonflies. I do know that the stamped image is a Northwoods rubber stamp, and I colored it with prisma colored pencils, and added some stickles and the ribbon. Sentiment is stamped and heat embossed in black sparkle embossing powder.

2 comments: