Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gold Poinsettias





I love poinsettias-no matter what the color. And today I'm using gold ones-so pretty. I'm using the Verve November sketch & photo inspiration challenge week 3 for this card.




I used Our Daily Bread Designs poinsettia dies and gold shimmer cardstock to cut and emboss the flowers. I formed them slightly with a bone folder and a foam pad and stylus. I layered them together with glue dots and added a rhinestone to the center. The patterned papers are from The Paper Studio Antiquity pack. The gold strip on the side is some holographic paper full of stars-it's so pretty in real life, but I had a hard time capturing it on camera. I added some rhinestone swirls (Recollections) to he strip/ I cut some ferns from the same paper pack with Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves die set (love this set). I stamped the sentiment (Verve Glad Tidings stamp set) on a scrap of  Very Vanilla cardstock with Versa Mark and heat embossed with Hampton Art gold embossing powder. This will be a hand delivered card, so I could use lots of bling and layers.

I will also enter this card in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs-Blessings Word Challenge-use at least four of the letters in the word Blessings as your recipe (B-bling; e- embossing; I- ink, G-gold; S-swirls used here)
Creative Knockouts-Bling is the Thing
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards-Your Favorite Holiday (That would be Christmas:)

Hope you like. Please leave a message-I like hearing from other crafters!


8 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! Your poinsettias are just gorgeous! Love the touch of rhinestone flourish too, it all goes perfect with your lovely background paper, super job! Thanx so much for joining us at CC&CC for our Favorite Holiday Challenge. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so gorgeous! Those golden poinsettias are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I had to stopped by when I saw it at ODBD's inlinkz! Love the colors, the texture and the classic/vintage feel your design has!!! Hugs dear.

    - Gracie.
    gracielliedesign blogspot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jackie. Love the colours you've used and the rhinestones make the poinsettias stand out beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, this is gorgeous!! Love the way you used the poinsettias to fit the sketch! The bling adds the perfect touch! Thanks so much for creating w/us at ODBD!! Yep, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card!! I so love your poinsettia's and the vintage flair!! So much texture!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at ODBD!! Congrats on winning the $15 certificate at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jackie, this is gorgeous! I love the golden poinsettias and how beautifully they are arranged with the pearls and foliage! And the designer paper behind is soft and lovely making for one stunning card! So glad you joined us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Love gold poinsettias and the bling.

    ReplyDelete