Friday, November 21, 2014

lighthouse sympathy

A month again since I posted-and a very busy month with not a lot of crafting done. Last post it was raining, and now we have about 2 feet of snow on the ground, although we have had sunshine the last couple days, but bitter cold. AND IT'S ONLY THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER! Might be a longggggggggggg winter ;)

Today I had need of a sympathy card. They are never easy to make for me-or, indeed,  for anyone. I like to use lighthouse images for sympathy cards. Not sure why, they just seem to work.


  
For my first card today I used sketch #163 from Freshly Made Sketch challenge, and the colors from Verve Stamps November Inspiration challenge-Navy and Natural . I love this lighthouse image from CTMH, it's so versatile. 
I stamped the lighthouse image & sentiment on SU very vanilla cardstock using SU Night of Navy Ink and rounded off two of the corners. I then matted it on Night of Navy cardstock. The card base is also SU Night of Navy  & very vanilla cs. I stamped the ledger image in Night of Navy and embossed with Sizzix Diamonds embossing folder. Then I tied a simple knot in the ribbon around the card.

Items used:
Stamps: Verve 'Forever in Our Hearts' (sentiment); Close to My Heart Seaside Greetings(lighthouse); SU The Open Sea (ledger)
Cardstock: SU Very Vanilla & Night of Navy
Ink: SU Night of Navy
Accessories: Sizzix Diamonds embossing folder, EK Success corner rounder punch, Cuttlebug, navy ribbon 




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! So serene and such a pretty ribbon! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour combination is lovely! I really like what you've done with the ledger and embossing on the back panel. Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Jackie! I love the blue and vanilla together and the nautical look! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete