Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sympathy 2

Good morning! A gloomy day here in the Upper Peninsula after 3 days of sunshine! Will it snow today? Probably;) 

'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.'  Psalm 119:105

I am in love with this lighthouse image! Even tho I know a lighthouse's purpose is to guide mariners through treacherous waters, this image seems so serene. I've lived most of my life within 6 miles of Lake Superior,  most of the first 25 years with a view of the lake. I know she can be a very angry lady. But on calm clear days she is so beautiful! So to me a lighthouse promises hope and calm after a difficult time.
I will enter this card today in the Paper Plunge Challenge #9-Clean & Simple.  



I stamped the lighthouse (CTMH Seaside Greetings) on SU Very Vanilla with SU Night of Navy ink, then added a bit of color with Pebbles Chalks. The sentiment is from Stampendous 'Encouraging Words' clear stamp set, stamped in Night of Navy. The birds are from CTMH Summer Breeze set. I matted the panel on Night of Navy cardstock, rounding the two corners with an EK Success corner rounder punch. On the base layer I used a stamp from Stampendous Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge set with Night of Navy, then embossed with Sizzix Diamond folder and rounded off the corners. Matted on Night of Navy cardstock. I used dimensional foam dots to mount the top panel.

Stamps: Close to My Heart 'Seaside Greetings' and 'Summer Breeze'; Stampendous 'Encouraging Words' & 'Bitty Grunge'.
Ink: Stampin' Up 'Night of Navy'
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Sizzix Diamond embossing folder, EK Success 1" Corner rounder punch, Pebbles Pastel Pearlescent chalks, foam dot dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Jackie! I love the stamping on embossing...a great background for this stamp set! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very nice, Jackie. I love lighthouses. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card. I love how you combined all the elements to make this great card. Someone will be very lucky to get this in their mailbox. Hope you will "Plunge" with us again next week!

    ReplyDelete