Friday, July 13, 2012

Lighthouse Sympathy

Another super hot day in the U.P of Michigan. 95° on Wednesday, 91° yesterday, 89° today! Maybe we're cooling down? Too hot and humid to work outside for this gal. So I am inside working on challenges and postings.This card is made with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #43. I'd also planned to enter it in the Crazy 4 Challenges 144, to use colors of our country flag (red, white, blue), but, alas, (always wanted to use that word!), I forgot to enter it when I came home from craft group last night, and the challenge ended last night. I hate it when i do that. I will enter it in ODBD Shining the Light Challenge ODBDSLC115, to have distressing or tearing on card.

  Here is the sketch from FMS. And here is my card:


I was in need of a sympathy card this week. And although I have plenty of them in my stash, I always find myself making one specifically for the family when I am in need of one. 
I flipped the image on it's side for my card. I stamped the image on white CS with SU Night of Navy. Then I stamped it again to make a mask. With the mask in place I sponged on chalks in yellow, orange, and pink for the sky, blue on the water, and soft tan for the land around the lighthouse. I distressed the edges of the DP , and I cut some of the loops off of the label. Overall, I like how it turned out. 

Ingredients:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread "Light of the World'; JustRite 'With Sympathy'
Ink: SU Night of Navy
DP: Kaiser Craft 'On the Dot-Sphere; Basic Gray 'Boxer'
CS:  Bazzil, Beckett Expressions Linen, Recollections white
Accessories: Pebbles Chalks-Pastels; Spellbinders Fancy Tags (slightly altered), Deckled Rectangles Sm; Fluer de Lis Rectangles, Mark Richards Metal Nailheads, Cuttlebug border embossing folder



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Jackie. The lighthouse is so serene. Love that frame! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie! Great card! I love that patterned paper! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Jackie ...your background prints are lovely and your bordered edges and pretty label are gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love the choice of papers and dies with that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Jackie!! I just love that lighthouse image and your dp!! The distressing is the perfect touch!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely sympathy card. I love your choice of images and papers. Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card....the lighthouse works great for a sympathy card....I will have to try that in the future. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete