Sunday, July 15, 2012

Heartfelt wishes

Well, today was not quite as hot as yesterday, but the humidity makes it miserable outside. After church this morning I came home to my nice cool, dry house to play with paper :)
I had started to work on this card yesterday afternoon, but was unable to finish it in time to enter in the ColourQ challenge. I had to go take care of my grandsons in the evening, so I had to wait until today to finish it. I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #43, and the colors from ColourQ. I didn't have exactly all the colors called for, but I was able to come close. The colors called for were : Daffodil Yellow, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz and white.  Here is the sketch:



And here is my card:



I used my new Close to My Heart stamps on this card. I love how nicely they stamp. I used the 2 step rose from 'Rosy Regards', a border from 'Eclectic Edges', and the sentiment from 'Card Chatter-Sympathy'. I stamped the roses on white cardstock in SU More Mustard and Yo Yo Yellow, and colored in the white spots with Copic Y11 pale Yellow, then cut them out. For the leaves I used a scrap of green from my stash and stamped them with Lucky Limeade and cut them out. I stamped the borders on a piece of Bazzil white linen CS with Memento Dandelion ink. The DP used is SU Pear Pizzazz Designer series, the floral print is K&Co. Julianne, and the brown stripe and backing is SU Chocolate chip. I added faux stitching around the floral print paper with a paper piercer and brown marker. I popped the sentiment panel and the rose up with foam dimensionals. A trio of Basic Grey green rhinestones and the outside was done.


Here is the inside.


I added the border stamp on the top and bottom with the Memento Dandelion, and stamped the sentiment (from Inkadinkado) with Chocolate chip on a scrap of the Pear Pizzazz DP, and added the rose.









3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I love the border stamp...it is so elegant! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! What a pretty flower! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the rose and leaves! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and for using the colourQ colors (even it if was a bit late)!

    ReplyDelete