Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Once Upon a Time

My second card today-I'm on a roll!

I made this card for my friends birthday. As spring is mighty slow at coming in our neck of the woods this year, I thought she would enjoy this little bit of Spring. She is a master gardener, and she has all these fairy houses and fairies around her gardens, including one garden that not only has all the above, but is all miniature plants. These Graphic 45 'Once Upon a Springtime' and Recollections 'Habitat' papers are so her! The challenge over at Fab 'N' Funky #210 this week is 'Once Upon a Time'-creations using images and papers that contain fantasy and/or fairytale creatures. These fairy papers are perfect.



My card base is S.U. Old Olive. I cut a mat of the Habitat fern paper, and layered some of the elements from the Graphic 45 papers on the top of it. I cut the mushrooms from the Habitat paper, and adhered them with foam dimensionsals (SU). The border is an EK Success punch cut from SU Very Vanilla CS. The sparkly button is also SU.
I added star dust stickles to the bees and fairy wings. The little bees are buttons with the shank cut off and colored with Copics. I mounted the tag on a mat of Calypso Coral CS (SU). I added dots of Ruby Stickles to the border.  
I think Deb will like the card.
I'm off to wash walls, and as I can finally open some windows I am getting ready to paint the trim in my hall and livingroom. 
Hope spring is making an appearance wherever you are! We can finally see that the snow is melting around here-things like plant covers and the garden trailer are once again visible. But there is more snow in the forecast. Ahhhh.......Really?


1 comment:

  1. Jackie I love your Fairytale card! The papers are gorgeous and your little 'scenes' on the card are so sweet. It is one of my favourite entries from our Fantasy/Fairytale challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete