Sunday, April 13, 2014

A tiny bit of Spring

Today is a rather dreary day, cold again calling for warm coats and gloves after having nearly a week of nice days. But the snow is quickly disappearing. And the sap is running sporadically  which doesn't make my hubby very happy at all! They want to make syrup and get it over with:)
Hard to believe Easter is next week already.
Here is a nice little spring-y card for the Monday Lunchtime sketch challenge #309 over at Techno Stamper.


I have had the stamp set 'Awash with Flowers' from Stampin' Up for a loooong time and am finally putting it to use. The larger flowers on this little panel are from that set. I stamped the stems with SU Old Olive and colored the leaves in with a blender pen and the OO ink. The small flowers and stems are from Verve Floral Whimsy set. I stamped the stems (second generation) with SU Pear Pizzaz, and the flowers with SU Daffodil delight and colored them with a Copic marker.  The little dragonfly is from Hot Off the Press Tiny words and Images set stamped in Momento London Fog. I so wanted to add glitter to his little wings, but as the card is for Operation Write Home I couldn't. I used the 'innies' from the corner stickers to accent his body. 
Design papers are from My Mind's Eye Happy Day and K&Co. Classic K paper pads. Cardstock is from my scrap bin.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful spring card. Those sweet flowers with the dragonfly! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete