Monday, April 28, 2014

Lantern

 A masculine card today! I really need to do more of these. Don't know why I find it so hard, but it seems I always end up making pretty, flowery cards.
I will enter this card in the Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge #148, Happy Earth Day-recycle or upcycle something; and the House That Stamps Built Designers Choice Challenge DCC423-For the Guys.


I stamped the Our Daily Bread Designs 'Lantern' image on Very Vanilla cardstock with Brilliance Pearl Beige ink. I cut the image out with Spellbinders label 18, and sponged SU Cherry Cobbler ink around it while still in the die. Card base is SU Chocolate Chip, mat is The Paper Studio 'Mirabelle'. I peeled apart a piece of cardboard and tore a scrap of that for the accent piece, and inked the edges with the cherry cobbler. I attached the image panel with foam dimensionals. 
I love the way the image shimmers with the Brilliance ink, tho of course it doesn't show up in the pictures. I left it without a sentiment so it can be used for any occasion.


As always, I'd love to have you leave a comment. Hope spring has arrived where ever you are and you can open windows and let in some fresh spring air-that's what I'm off to do:)

2 comments:

  1. How clever to use a piece of cardboard under your image. It looks like it belongs there!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card. Not here yet,it's been quite cool and windy and the April showers start tomorrow. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Earth day challenge.

    ReplyDelete