Thursday, January 12, 2012

Moment in Time

Good morning blogland! Snowing and blowing here in Michigan! But we have had a week of above average temps so we can't complain-snow and cold is the norm here. And it will make the snowmobilers happy. And I can stay home and make cards, er, um, I mean clean house-I really need to do that.
Anyway, after a shopping excursion all day yesterday to Marquette to do my grocery shopping before the 'big' storm hit, I really needed to sit down and relax last evening, and this card is the results. I used the sketch from MOJO Monday #223,
and the Flourishes Release Week Challenge FLLCJANRW2-Ring in the new year with “Father Time” or “Baby New Year” – this challenge is a fight between new and old! To be in the running, simply use a card that showcases an image of time or one that showcases little baby new year i.e. a baby card. I choose to make a card dealing with time.
  


My card base is Bazzil cardstock. The Design Papers are from DCWV Whimsy Paper pad. The blue cardstock that my middle layers of paper are matted in is from DCWV Mariposa Cardstock pad-it's a really pretty shimmery paper. The white papers are Wasua Brite White. The clock and sentiment are from Close to My Heart stamp set Key Moments, stamped with Color box Peacock ink, the hands with Momento Tuxedo Black. I embossed the white rectangle with Craft Concepts 'Cottage Floral' embossing folder. I highlighted the raised design with White Pearl Smooch ink. The clock back is Cut with Spellbinders 'Ironworks Motif', and the backing for the sentiment is Spellbinders Scallop Circle set. I cut the bottom border on the middle layer with EK Success Scroll border punch. I had cut that piece with black first, but didn't like how that looked so searched for better paper and came up with the blue-so I filled in the scroll with the cut outs from the black one I had punched-really like how it makes that scroll stand out. I added some blue ribbon with a simple knot, a black brad to the center of the clock,  and some small pearls to the elements on the clock.  The Clock is mounted with SU dimensional dots and the sentiment with a thicker foam dot. I gently distressed the edges of  a couple of the layers. Hope U like! Please comment-I always like getting those comments.

3 comments:

  1. Your clock fits perfectly on that SB die, very fresh creation. Nicely done. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your take on the challenge - love the ornate frame around the clockface. Beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete