Sunday, January 8, 2012

Find Our Strength

It's been a couple weeks since I posted again. Busy time. Have most of my Christmas things put away. Need to wash some walls and get my everyday stuff back up- My goals for this week!



For this card I used some new things, and some things I have had for awhile but had not used yet. The DP is from a new DCWV Stack 'Whimsy'. The Focal is a stamp from ODBD - Sew Special. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers-mannnnny Copic markers. I cut the image with the Rocking chair Die from  ODBO. I've had the stamp set and die for awhile now and had not used it yet. The sentiment is I just recently bought, from 'Sincere Sentiments' stamp set by Stampendous. I used a Spellbinders Big Scallop Oval die to cut the panel to mount the rocking chair on. The flowers are Prima, and the brad is from SU. The little butterfly was laying on my table, and it just seemed like it was there for this card (probably been laying there for some time!).

Repeat Impressions Sketch D2811This card  will fit for several challenges this time. I will enter it in the Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping in time Challange SNTODBD51 , to use 2012 as your basis for the design. I have used 2 stamps, 0 ribbon, 1 flower, 2 Design papers.  
I will also enter this in CR84FN45 (to use Med. Blue, Orange and Yellow. ); Crazy 4 Challenges C4C118-to use something new-new 'toys', new techniques, etc (new stamps sets and new die) and Repeat Impressions  What If Wednesday Sketch Challenge D2811 .
I really like how this turned out. Hope you like it, too. Please leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card, love that warm quilt laid so nicely over the rocking chair, very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is amazing-could be called Joseph's coat! Beautiful coloring and the sentiment fits perfectly with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! That patchwork quilt looks so cozy! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely - I can imagine sitting in that chair in the warm. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete