Thursday, May 26, 2011

Plaid or gingham

Another beautiful, typical UP spring day. Sun is shining and the North wind is blowing and it is only about 40 degrees outside, but feels more like about 30 or colder. Gives me another excuse to stay inside and play!

The challenge for Our Daily Bread Shining the Light #61 this week was to use plaid or gingham. This card was just meant to be made. I had just received this stamp set. And I also had been sorting out and organizing my papers, and these plaid, striped and dotted papers from Hot off the Press (that I got when I first started paper crafting about 4 years ago) were on my table. So I just had to use them together for this challenge.
The card base is made from Kraft paper. I stamped the shirt on the plaid with stazon timber brown, and the tie on the dotted papers and then cut them out. I embossed the blue with a stars folder from Crafts, too, used TH distress ink to shade the edges and taped the shirt to that. I added a strip of the striped paper to the middle of the card base, then adhered the blue panel over that. I stamped the sentiment on orange card and cut it out with the Spellbinders tag die. I tied it on with some brown cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment