Yeah! No snow yet today! But bitter cold -9F this morning and windy. I'll just stay inside and get some work done.
Instead of buying each other Christmas presents this year, my craft group decided it would be fun to dig through our stash and pass on some goodies that no longer inspired us. Then we had to make something with those items by the next week (We meet every Thursday) I received some of Barb's quilled flowers (thank you Barb-she makes the prettiest flowers), some quarter sheets of Design paper, a retired SU stamps set (Beyond the Basics) & one of the Cuttlebug quilled flower die kits (daisies). Now, I have noooo luck making those cuttlebug flowers-they just do not work well for me. But I have an idea of what I can do with them. Let you know when I figure it out if it works!
So, for my first project I used the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy and the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - Clean & Simple. I used some of the DP and one of Barb's flowers. . I mounted the DP on a mat of green cs to match the leaves on the flower. I stamped the script heart from SU Punch Potpourri with SU Lovely Lilac Craft ink (retired) and fussy cut it out. I used the scalloped heart die from SU Hearts Aflutter die set and cut it out of a scrap of purple cs. I had this white die-cut (spellbinders labels 22) leftover from another project, and the heart fit nicely on that. I sponged the edges of the SB die cut and around the base DP, and script heart with lovely lilac ink.
I stamped the sentiment on a scarp of the purple stripe with Lovely Lilac and heat embossed it with Ranger super-fine clear embossing powder.
Since the flowered paper has little bees on it, I hunted through my stamps until I found a little bee stamp, stamped with Versafine black ink, colored with Copic markers, and then fussy cut them out and attached the body only with a spot of glue. I popped the label-heart layer up with some foam dots. I love those bees and that flower! And it works as CAS, for me, at least.