Monday, March 11, 2013

Sisters

Another gloomy, snowy day in the U.P. But spring is in the air even tho temps are supposed to be falling again today. I heard a cardinal whistling yesterday-a sure sign of spring. Haven't seen a robin yet, but they should appear any day now.  Lots of heavy, wet snow overnight, but I must say it is very pretty.-and good snowman snow!
So, on to today's card. I used the sketch from this week's 'Hand Stamped Sentiments #154' Sketch. I will also enter this in the 'Flutterby Wednesday #230', anything goes with butterfly or fairy;



The image on this card is another one I colored up some time ago. It's from S.U. Sea Side Sketches.  It was stamped on some shimmery cardstock with Black Staz-on ink and colored with Prisma Colored Pencils. I cut it out with S.U. Labels Framlits. For the mat I traced around the die and hand cut for a smaller border around the image. Initially I had tried a border with Martha Stewart Pop Up Butterfly punch, but that didn't work out, but I had all these pretty little butterflies, so I used them on the image panel-doubling a couple of them for added dimension. The sentiment (CTMH Say it in Style) is stamped with Versa-mark and heat embossed with S.U. White embossing powder.

Design Paper: S.U. Blueberry Crisp
Cardstock: S.U. and Bazzil
Stamps: S. U.,  & CTMH
Ink: Stazon Black, Versa Mark
Accessories: S.U. Label Framelits, S. U. Very Vanilla Ribbon, Martha Steward Deco Shells & Pop Up Butterfly punches, Recollections Rhinestones

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Lovely color combo!!! Great coloring!!! Love the butterfly accents- just perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is just beautiful! I love the flurry of butterflies too, it looks like a warm, breezy day ;) Hope your weather breaks soon...we saw robins here in the Appalachian mountains just after Christmas, but continue to get so much snow! Thanks so much for joining us at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! Just in time, and we are so glad that you played along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete