Saturday, March 16, 2013

Secret Garden Painted Posies

And it continues to snow-about another 4 inches overnight. Pretty today though-the sun is shinning through and those big flakes are just floating down. It's called Lake Effect Snow-what happens when the cold air blows over the warmer waters (relatively speaking-Lake Superior never gets very warm) of Lake Superior and picks up moisture. It's a dry, fluffy snow that's so pretty. And yes, I do like winter-but it's time for it to go away now!!!!!
Anyway, on to my card for today. Our craft group had a weekend workshop a couple weeks ago and this is one of the cards I made with a new-to-me technique.


For the focal panel I cut out a piece of Kraft Cardstock with Spellbinders Scalloped Label One. On that with Versa Mark ink I randomly stamped 2 of the flowers from the SU Secret Garden set, sprinkled with SU White Embossing powder and heat set. I then used my Aqua pen and some SU craft white reinker to color in the flowers. I heat set the painted flowers (or you can let them air dry, but they must be dry for the next sttep).  I then used a clean aqua painter and my Versa Magic Perfect Plumeria and Spring Pansy dew drop ink pads to color in the painted flowers. When that was completely dry I added some simple stamped leaves in Momento Bamboo Shoots ink.
For the butterflies, I used a scrap of the kraft cardstock and did the white wash over the whole piece, let it dry and then stamped the butterlies (SU Papillion Potpourri & Bloomin' Marvelous)  over it with Perfect Plumeria and sprinkled with clear embossing powder, heat set and cut them out with SU Elegant Butterfly Punch and Bitty Butterfly punch. I added clear rhinestones to the centers fo the butterflies.  The sentiment is stamped in Perfect Plumeria on a scrap of white-but I didn't write down the name of the stamp set (it was one of the other ladies at the workshop). I cut it out with Verve's Mini Vintage Oval die and popped it up with some foam dimensionals. The DP is a scrap from another friend's scrap basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment