Monday, May 7, 2012

More of Habitat cards

Here are some more cards I have made with the Recollections 'Habitat" paper pad. These colors are just so pretty. Fore most of them I have simply used pieces of the DP without too much embellishment-just letting the paper pretty much carry the cards. I love how they have all turned out.







The first card I made larger  (8 1/2 x 4 to fit in a #10envelope) to utilize the entire panel from the DP. The paper was monochromatic, so I used Copics and colored in the leaves and butterfly. I added Stickles to the dragonfly, butterflies and flowers. The Sentiment is from My Pink Stamper and I cut it out with the 2 smallest large deckled Rectangle Spellbinders, doing the partial cut again to make the back rectangle shorter.








I used part of another sheet from the pad for the inside of the card and centered the sentiment verse (CTMH Treasure Life) stamped on Wausau Brite White with SU Concord Grape and cut out with the Spellbinders Large Deckled Rectangles. On the background piece I cut part way, then turned the papers around and moved the die to enclose the butterfly and rolled to the first cut to make the piece longer.







This card I used to Pieces of the DP and some purple Bazzil cardstock. The Sentiment is gold sticker letters on a tag cut with a Verve tag die set. The flower is made with Cherry Lynn Designs Layered flower. It is made from and aluminum pop can and colored with Alcohol Inks.  I added a purple brad to the center and used a Recollections Rhinestone swirl sticker. 







This one is just the DP with a butterfly cut with a Cheery Lynn butterfly die from purple CS and angel wings die cut from a coordinating DP from the pack. I added some gold border stickers around the edges and the sentiment is gold stickers.










For the inside I used another piece of the same sheet and inked the edges with Memento Bamboo Leaves. I also inked the edges of the sentiment from Stampendous Sincere Sentiments stamped in SU Chocolate Chip .
And below are 4 more using the same DP.







1 comment:

  1. I am in Love with this paper stack! Can you tell me what the pages with text on them say? Or maybe where the poem or story is from? you can reach me at cuzimamom@hotmail.com or on facebook or at my blog cuzimamom.blogspot.com Thanks and I love your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete