Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer time challange


It's hot and sticky here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula-I mean REALLY HOT for up here. In the mid to upper 90s and so humid. So I'm staying in my air conditioned house and playing with my papers.
This card is for the Paper Pal Arts (PPA102) Summer time and the liven is easy challange-to use any brand of products for your project. Because it's too hot to think to much :), I'm keeping it on the simple side here. I thought roses really bring to mind summer. The background mat (pink) paper is from a DCWV summer stack. The DP is My Minds Eye 'Lost & Found-Market Street' 6 x 6 pad that I just received from Scrap Ace (the daily deal was 4 MME Lost and found 6 x 6 pads-I absolutely love them! Great size prints for cards & beautiful prints). The focal image is a Martha Stewart peg stamp (lots of great little flowers & pots in that set), stamped with MS inks from the set. The sentiment is from SU Crosses of Hope set. The rhinestones are Recollections from Michaels. Anyone who knows me knows I always have to have a little sparkle-so I've added stickles to all the flowers on the background, as well as to the stamped image... I know it doesn't show up too well here, but it adds just the right touch to the card. It's a very simple any occasion card, but oh so pretty. I also stamped a couple roses on the inside of the card.  Try to stay cool everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This is so soft and summery ... gorgeous! You did a fabulous job on this card! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete