Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A little Birdie for you

I'm sitting here wishing it would rain. The weather has cooled down considerably from what it was last week, but it is so dry and we really need rain so we don't have to water our gardens. It really looked like we were going to get something other than the sprinkle we got earlier in the day. (Looked like rain so I stayed inside and worked on organizing my 'craft room' [also known as a quarter of our basement:)])

Here is a card i made for the Stamping 411Sketch Challenge 213-Stampin up products only.  
 I used Old Olive for the base and embossed it with the Elegant  lines embossing folder. The DP is from a retired set-I think it was called cottage garden. I love the rich color of the Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry together. It's a bit hard to see here, but I used the scallop trim border punch on a piece of Rich Razzleberry and added a piece of the DP to the middle of that. The stamped image is from "Just Believe" set. It's stamped in Old Olive on very vanilla CS and I hand cut it out, layered it on some Rich Razzleberry CS and cut it again by hand.   I cut the bird out of some more of the DPfrom the pack with the Bird punch. I added some Orchid Opulence ink to the edges of the bird and attached it with dimensionals. I added 3 little white pearls to the lower left corner. It's hard to see here, but I added some sparkle to the flowers on the stamped image and on the DP with a VersaMark pen and SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder.
Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment