Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Bit of Creative

At last, a beautiful, sunshiny day. Snow is melting like crazy, temp might even get up into those warm temps. And while it still looks like winter outside, with many huge piles around the yard, my African Violets know it is spring. Just look at their happy faces!



 I really need to start that spring house cleaning-like washing walls, windows, rugs, etc. But we are still needing fires in the wood stove, and I really like to wait until we are through with that. Hmmm, maybe tomorrow I will make a start. We'll see............

Today I have a card using the Sweet Sunday Sketch #182, and mostly Stampin' Up products. The only items not SU are the marker I used to color the butterfly's body, the white cardstock the flower is stamped on and the Classic Circle Spellbinder used to cut out the flower, oh, and the image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.... because my SU black pad is lost in that black hole in my craft room (I really need to clean THERE!!!)


I colored the flower (from SU Creative Elements) using Rich Razzleberry ink and a blender pen. This is my first attempt at this technique, and I think I need a bit more practice ^.^  I inked the 'Just Thinking' image with Rich Razzleberry ink and cut it out with the 'Window Frames' die. Papers used are SU Polka Dot Parade, and Cottage Wall DP, and Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White and Old Olive Cardstock. I sponged Rich Razzleberry ink around the flower circle with a sponge. The sentiment (SU Fabulous Phrases) is stamped with Old Olive. I had to add the butterfly because I messed up the first stamping of the sentiment. The butterfly (SU Creative Elements) is stamped on a scrap of white shimmer CS with Summer Starfruit ink., and I colored the body with a brown marker. Finished with 2 SU white pearls.


No comments:

Post a Comment