Thursday, January 17, 2013

What If Wednesday challenge

WooHoo! Finally some more snow. Nearly all of our snow melted, and it was getting really cold out, like into the single digits, and I am sure I will have lost some of my perennials come spring. Hopefully the couple inches we got will protect them somewhat.
I have another challenge post today. It felt so good to get back in the swing of things and make something for a challenge. I have to admit, I went down to work on a project yesterday and just couldn't stand the mess any longer. I had to organize! And the biggest monster down there was my scraps of papers. I ACTUALLY THREW OUT PAPER SCRAPS!  I can hardly believe it. And I made sure they didn't make their way back into the mess (some I actually used!). I'd picked up some accordion files, and sorted the scraps, especially cardstock scraps, into 2 of those-one for small pieces and one for larger ones. I got some magnetic die storage containers for Christmas and liked them so much I ordered 2 more and the magnetic sheets to fill them. I have 3 full ones now, and much as I hate to admit it, I need at least one more. It seems those things are like rabbits, they just keep multiplying :)


Anyway, here is the card I did manage to finish. I used the sketch from Repeat Impressions What if Wednesday sketch challenge  #J913. I don't know what the Design Paper is, as it was one of those 'scraps' that I sorted out. Both of the greens are also scraps, but I'm pretty sure they are Bazzill CS. The image is from 'Cloud 9' Flowers #1 set. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copics (R000, R20, R21, R30, YG61, & G20). I wanted to keep it soft and spring-like, so did not add a lot of color. It's hard to see from the pic, but I did add just the faintest hint of the colors to the text background of the image. I added some gold gel pen to the borders of the image. I cut the darker green using Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8, and cut the image out by tracing around the inside of SB labels 8 and hand cutting it out (just using the die itself left it too wide-it covered too much of the pretty details of the frame ). I popped the focal up using foam dots.  I added the little strip of border (K&Co.) and some green rhinestones.
I will also  enter this in the following challenges:
Operation Write Home (I really need  to get some cards sent out the this very worthy cause!) Spring Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown 130, to Frame IT.
Just Add Ink , to use diecuts.
That's it for today! Hope you have a good day. I'm going to go 'organize' some more!


  1. Jackie, this is really lovely; the colours are beautiful. I, too, hoard paper scraps - but every now and then clear out the little bits, and it's quite liberating! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

  2. I like the colours you have used on this Card. It's a lovely die cut frame too. Chantell JAI