Thursday, August 22, 2013

Birthday Bouquet

Ahhhhhhhhhh, after 90 degree yesterday and a really, really nice rain (2") it is very pleasant today. Temp mid 70s and low humidity. I. Can. Take. This.!!!! I turned off the AC and fans, and opened all the windows-nice fresh air blowing through-oh joy!
My card today is for two challenges: Paper Take Weekly (Flower Power-to add flowers to your card); and Color Creative Classroom CMC Copic Challenge #75 (Anything goes-color any image anyway you like-using any medium); and the Tuesday Throwdown #161 (use Your Scraps)

I made this mostly with scraps that were on my work table. The white back die-cut (Spellbinders Decorative Labels One) was a discard from another project, and I cut & embossed a scrap of green with Spellbinders Fair Isle Pendant. I simply layered them together. 
The 2 background pieces (mat and DP) were pieces from my scrap bin, and I'm not sure what brand they are. I inked the six petal flower and a leaf from Close to My Heart's 'A Flowering Bunch' with Momento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves, and stamped the leaf 5 times and the flower 3 times on scraps of white. I colored them with Copics: flowers-G40, G43, G82, BG57, BG78, and YG21; leaves-G40, G43 & G82. I hand cut them all out. I attached one flower directly to the card, and the popped the other 2 up with different thicknesses of foam dimensionals, then tucked the leaves in around them. I added some Recollections glitter domes to the centers of the flowers, and some Basic Grey rhinestones to the die-cuts. Oh, and I stamped the sentiment (Whipper Snapper Designs 'Birthday Wishes') with Memento Bamboo Leaves. 
Comments always appreciated. 



2 comments:

  1. WOW stunning. Love the flowers and the bling. And those die cuts are stunning.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, love all the layout and single faced satin ribbon too! Thanks for playing along with us at Yama Ribbon Challenges!

    ReplyDelete