Hello all, This is the scene I woke up to this morning! It's waking up to views like this in the winter that makes me trully appreciate where I live. We have received at least 24" of snow over the last 48 hours. It is light and fluffy just like cotton candy. Soooo pretty! It amazes me how it can pile up so high on a little object, like this solar light on my back porch, the tree limbs, and even on the clothes lines! My DH is out plowing for the 4th time in 2 days. He could wait until it stopped snowing to plow, but you have to understand. We have not had much snow this winter, he hasn't had to plow very often and I think he truly loves any excuse to get out on that tractor! Temp is supposed to be up in the mid 40s by midweek, so all this fluff will settle and it will still look like we haven't had much snow this winter.
So on to my cards for today. I have 2 to share with you today. The first one I made using the sketch from MOJO Monday # 230 using the color challenge from CR84FN49-to use yellow, kraft and gray. I sturgled at first witht the color combo, but after much searching through my papers, I ended up hitting on some really cool combos.
The design paper is SU (yellow) and K&co. (kraft), the yellow cardstock is Bazzil, the kraft is SU, white is Wausau Brite White and the silver is Martha Stewart. I stamped the flowers (Verve Great Friends) on the WBW with Tsukineko Sunflower Brilliance Yellow, and the outline with SU Creamy Caramel and then cut them out. I used Copic marker E55 Caramel to add some shading to the flowers. I stamped the outline a second time and added some green with Copic G99 Olive, and then cut out the centers and popped them up with foam dots. I stamped the sentiment and frame (Verve-Love Story) with Versamark ink and added Silver embossing powder. I cut out the sentiment and mat with Spellbinders Labels Eleven. I stamped the border flowers on the kraft DP with SU Creamy Caramel and added some silver stickles to the centers. I cut the border strip with an EK Success punch-I believe it's called Gothic Arches. I added some dimension to the strip with a Cuttlebug border embossing folder, and added some silver stickles for interest. To finish it off I added the greenery made with the McGill Pine branch punch and a scrap of green cardstock.